08 juni 2016

The inbetween

I sent the novella to the editor last week. I've heard it should be finding its way back to me next week. I haven't opened the document since then. I found I cannot bare it. The last two chapters were written in the middle of the night, stressing over the deadline and perhaps under the influence of wine. It might just be crappety-crap. I'm sure I will have to rewrite the ending and the sex. The sex might not even be regarded as sex, because it's just implied. But in the end I actually liked my characters, though they were too silent in the beginning and only opened up to me and each other in the last pages. Seriously, why not tell me everything at once? I don't like surprises as an author.


But they are now more alive, of course, and more lovable thanks to their flaws. My perfectly unperfect characters.

Now the waiting. I'm helping a fellow author with her text in the meantime. It's more fun than taking apart my own. :P

För svenska

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar